The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Typically a photo mosaic contains 3,000 – 5,000 individual photos but can contain many more or many less.
- We are Guinness Book of World Record Holders – we helped create the largest photo mosaic in the world. in 2006 The Big Picture was created out of 120,000 unique photos and assembled one by one.
- Space scientists have been assembling mosaics of this kind since at least as early as the Soviet Union space satellite missions to the moon in the late 1950s.
Every picture tells a story
- Every individual photo has a unique story.
- Every photo takes pride of place.
- Every person who submits a photo can also submit an accompanying story.
- The devil is in the detail – often close up the photo mosaic is the most rewarding experience.
Every project is different
- What is it you want to say?
- Is it to celebrate, remember or promote an important issue?
- Is there an existing collection or archive to work?
- Do you wish to create new photos for the project?
- Do you wish to run a social campaign?
- Is the work going to be large scale or small scale?
20 years of Expertise & Innovation
- Meet the artist
- Using a systematic process all images are edited to ensure perfect distribution.
- Subcontracted industry suppliers and professionals tried and tested.
- Durability and maintenance. Public Liability Insurance. Method Statements & Risk assessments.
- Finishes are bespoke including folds, framing, floating, graffiti proofing, UV exterior and ceramic photo surfaces.
- Keeping up to date with current trends and maintaining relationships with printing and technological imaging innovators.
- Creating accompanying catalogues, books, postcards, posters and limited edition reproductions.
Together we make it
- People are at the core of each project. People share their memories, dreams and celebrate through pictures.
- Each photo mosaic comprises thousands of photos that represents each and every individual.
- Working in a person centred way brings out the community as whole best assets.
- Ownership creates lasting engagement.
Behind the Scenes
- Collecting the photos is often a very personal and interesting experience for everybody.
- Behind the photos there is often an interesting fanatical collector and personality.
- Photos are digitised and printed and collaged and assembled in a number of innovative ways.
- Concepts are mocked up, sites are chosen, scale and experimentation with numbers and dimensions.
The Final Art Work
Unveiling & Celebrating
- An important part of the work is the build up and anticipation towards it’s final unveiling.
- A photo mosaic can be an act of celebration and remembrance and be the focus of an event.
- The People’s Picture project can be found in public spaces such as Gatwick Airport, Marketing suite and boardrooms such as Canary Wharf Group & West Ham United, Shopping Centres, Art Galleries, your home and on the Street!