Heroes of Hastings
Hastings Voluntary Action | 30 Years | 2019
Heroes of Hastings is a project that will celebrate 30 years of Hastings Voluntary Action in a creative and inclusive way, inviting everyone from Hastings and the surrounding areas to take part and feature in a giant contemporary art installation in the town during HVA’s 30th year (2019-2020). When people come together amazing things happen. Be part of our mission to create a giant photo mosaic made up of thousands of photos that people like you have contributed. HVA has been supporting residents living in the Borough of Hastings for 30 years, join us in celebrating our 30th birthday.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!
Get involved and celebrate the 30th birthday of HVA by sending us your photos and stories for a chance to be featured in the giant photo mosaic.
We want everybody to get involved – so what is volunteering? Many people who help others don’t think of it as volunteering; we want to illustrate the amazing work of local folk of all ages and backgrounds who make other people’s lives better.
Do you know someone who gives their time to others? Are you a volunteer? Be the voice for the unsung hero in your life. Submit your photos using the form below.
- There is a character limit so we are able to share to social media, so for a greater chance of being featured we suggest a short and succinct story.
- Frame your photo as a close up portrait showing head and shoulders. Each mosaic is made up of thousands of photos, and close up faces show better.
- Be sure to share your photo submission once you receive your approval email! Tell the world your story and invite everyone to take part.
- Do you live in Hastings or St Leonards?
- Did you grow up locally?
- Do you work here?
- Do you know someone who volunteers?
- Do you volunteer?
- Celebrate those who give their time to others
- Nominate the heroes in your life